Eliana & Pete
Multi-award-winning actor (ALMA, Imagen & NYIIFVF), choreographer (Imagen) and novelist Eliana Alexander has been immersed in the entertainment world for over 20 years in front of and behind the camera. Eliana earned an Imagen Award nomination for Best Actress in TV for her role in “Sin Verguenza” and was part of the ALMA Award-winning ensemble in “Foto Novelas,” the Imagen Award-winning series “Sin Verguenza” as well as the ALMA Award-nominated ensembles “The Elian Gonzales Story” and “My Father’s Love.” Ms. Alexander won the NYIIFVF best actress award for “Agenda.” She choreographed the Imagen Award-winning musical “Paquito’s Christmas” that performed at the Lincoln Center in Washington, D.C. Her role in My Network TV’s “Desire” received rave reviews and her most recent role as Marisol Contreras in Epix/MGM’s “Perpetual Grace, LTD” opposite Sir Ben Kingsley and Luis Guzman has gained a lot of publicity. She wrote, produced and directed the television pilot series “Next Page” as well as wrote, produced and starred in the pilot series “Hold The Line.” Eliana is a world-renowned dancer, choreographer and one of the founding members of EDGE performing arts center, LA Dance Force and the founding member of Kids Dance LA. With Eliana at the helm, all three entities became world-renowned for training top-notch dancers and choreographers who choreographed for and danced with entertainers such as Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Shakira, Madonna and Janet Jackson to name only a few. Ms. Alexander is honored to have directed and choreographed numerous theater productions, countless award-winning dance competitions, dance videos and theater pieces. Eliana was the featured recording artist on the soundtrack for the musical “DAWGS” composed by Richard and Robert Sherman of Disney fame. Her diverse talents enable her to enrich every project of which she is a part.
- Started singing professionally in a band at the age of 16 and soon after toured Japan as a professional singer and model.
- Has owned a red 1969 Porsche 912 since she was 21.
- Her father Elias C. Hill was a WWII Army Paratrooper Veteran and she has his flag.
- Richard M. Sherman & Robert B. Sherman heard her voice at the audition for the musical "Dawgs" and wrote the theme song just for her, "Dogs are a Man's Best Friend." Eliana went on to record the cast album.
- Choreographed 5 seasons of the Imagen Award-winning Paquito's Christmas musical directed by Luis Avalos that went to the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.
- Choreographed the musical Veteranos which went on a national tour.
- Worked with her mother Ana Cervantes on two episodes of “Could It Be A Miracle” and the feature “How The Garcia Girls Spent Their Summer.”
- Performed with Bernard Fox in the musical Little Old Broadway at the Variety Arts Theater in Los Angeles, California.
- At 16 was known as "the little girl with the big voice".
- Taught dance to Drew Barrymore for a year when Drew was 12.
- Eliana is the niece of Harold Pinter.
- Eliana is the 20th generation of Count Miguel de Cervantes y Saavedra.
- Eliana supports Jeremy Soles, founder of two veteran recognition programs: Carry On and Team X-T.R.E.M.E. (renamed Operation Enduring Warrior).
- Has a poodle mix therapy dog named Bosco.
- Proud supporter of Sea Shepherd.
- Grand Marshall for the San Antonio River Walk Parade in 2006.
- Spanish descendant of the Cervantes Savedra family. Scottish descendant of the Pinter family. British descendant of the Font family. Irish descendant of the Dixon family and French descendant of the Monsreal family.
- Eliana plays classical guitar and also enjoys composing on her 12 string Martin.
- Named her acoustic Epiphone Hummingbird Pro guitar “HumButter” that has a hummingbird and butterfly on it.
- Eliana has been married to John Nikitin since 2004.
For additional information on Eliana, please visit her sites: